At BEDDINGFORHOME.COM the protection of your personal information is extremely important. BEDDINGFORHOME.COM's Policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure, if any, of personal information is built on the 10 guiding principles covered in Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
By visiting www.beddingforhome.com, you're accepting the policies and practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- BEDDINGFORHOME.COM is responsible for personal information that is under its control.
- BEDDINGFORHOME.COM has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
- All BEDDINGFORHOME.COM employees are responsible for day-to-day compliance.
- When using third parties to carry out such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, processing credit card payments or providing customer service, contractual or other appropriate means are used to ensure compliance by such third parties with this Policy and all applicable privacy laws.
2. Identifying Purposes
- Unless the purpose is self-evident due to the nature of the transaction in question, XXX will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- The proposed purposes will be described in a reasonably understandable manner.
- An example of a self-evident purpose is requesting the name and address of the person placing an order in order to ensure proper delivery.
- BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will not make your consent a requirement to the supply of a product or a service other than required to be able to supply the product or service.
- We will collect, use or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by law.
- Consent can be express or, in some circumstances, implied, and given in writing, by using or not using a check-off box, electronically, orally (in person or by telephone), or by your conduct, such as use of a product or service.
- In determining the type of consent to obtain, BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will consider all relevant factors, including the sensitivity of the information and your reasonable expectations.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will inform you of the implications of doing so. See Technology and Security
4. Limiting Collection
- The collection of personal information by BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will be limited to what is necessary for the purposes which it identifies.
- We will collect personal information by fair, appropriate and lawful means.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
- It will be retained only as long as necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will protect personal information by safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including, where appropriate, the use of the following measures: physical (e.g., locked filing cabinets, restricted access, appropriate disposal of personal information), organizational (e.g., security clearances, access only on a "need to know" basis), technological (e.g., passwords, encryption) and training of employees. See Technology and Security.
- Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information will be made readily available to individuals.
9. Individual Access
- Upon request, BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information relating to you, and give you access to that information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
- However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, this information will not be disclosed to you. Some examples of these circumstances are information that contains references to other individuals, that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
10. Contacting us and/or Challenging Compliance
- For anything to do with this Policy, including questions or comments, or to challenge our compliance with this Policy, please contact us as follows:
BEDDINGFORHOME.COM will inform individuals who make enquiries or lodge complaints about its enquiry or complaint procedures, as applicable. If a complaint is found to be justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending our policies and practices. Of course, this Policy is subject to PIPEDA and/or any other applicable privacy laws and BEDDINGFORHOME.COM 's right to change it at any time.